Creating a New Product
Log into your Highwire account
Select Catalog > Add New Product
General Product Settings
Channels - Select which channels the product will be sold on
- Highwire store - This selection includes the product on your Highwire store, Bonanza, Facebook store,
- eBay - This selection will enable the eBay Settings tab for the product
- Google - This selection will enable the Google Product Search tab
Product Title - Enter the title for the product
Description - Enter the description of the product
Price - Enter the price for the product
Sale Price - Enter an optional sale price for the product
Weight - Enter a weight for the product
Product Identifier - Enter an optional UPC, MPN, EAN, or ISBN number
You are able to upload up to 24 photos per product.
1. Enter any caption or alternate text
2. If you're using multiple photos, grab the cross and drag and drop to rearrange the photos into the preferred viewing order
3. Click the trash icon to delete the photo
Product Photos - Upload Options
There are 3 options available to upload the product photos.
- Drag & drop the photos
- Click the select photos from folder link
- If your photos are already online and you have the image URL, you are able to enter the image URL and click the Download button to import them
Inventory & Options
Product Options - If the product has variants such as Size & Color, select the checkbox for This product has multiple options
- SKU - Enter an optional SKU for the product
- Select Track Inventory For Me or Don't Track Inventory
- Enter the quantity that you have in stock
- Select to either Deny or Allow purchases when out of stock
Product Options using Multiple Options
If you select This product has multiple options you are provided an area to enter the Option Name & Option Values. Creating these options will allow your customers to select the options from the product page within your store.
Option Name - You are able to have up to 5 option names per product. You are able to drag and drop the option names in the preferred order, as well as delete any option names by clicking the corresponding trash icon.
Option Values - In the above example, the option values for Size are Small, Medium, Large. As shown in the Color option name, the values must be entered separated by comma. When finished entering the values, click the Add button. You are also able to drag and drop the option values in the preferred order after clicking Add, as well as delete any option values by clicking the corresponding trash icon.
General Store Settings
- Store Categories - Select which categories you would like the product to appear within
- Product is taxable - Select this option if you want to apply sales tax to the product
- Product is featured - Select this option to have the product featured on your Home Page
- Product is active - Select this option if you want the product to be available within your store
Store Settings - Shipping
Shipping Method - Select your shipping method for the product
Store Settings - SEO
SEO Settings - Each product can have unique SEO settings
- Page Title - Enter a page title for SEO
- Keywords - Enter keywords about the product
- Description - Enter a description of your product (1,000 characters maximum)
To learn more about SEO, please review this tutorial
Store Settings - Configurable Fields
Configurable Fields - You are able to add optional configurable fields to the product page if you need more information from your customer about ordering the product
- Short Text - Allows for a short text box to appear on your product page
- Big Text Box - Allows for a big text box to appear on your product page
- Checkbox - Allows for a checkbox to appear on your product page
Short & Big text boxes allow you to choose the maximum text length, and all options allow for a Field name that will appear on the product page near the option, as well as allowing you to set if the field will be required or not by the customer before adding the product to the cart.
Store Settings - Cross Promotion
- Let me manually select which products to cross promote - This option will allow you to search for products by title to cross promote at the bottom of the product page
- Automatically use products within same categories - This option will automatically cross promote products within the same category as the product you're creating
Store Settings - Discounts
You are able to add discount(s) for multiple purchases of the same product. Enter a minimum and maximum quantity for the discount rule and then you're able to set a price discount, percentage discount, or a fixed price discount off of each item.
Set up the specific information for the product if you intend on launching to eBay.
If you did not intially select eBay as a channel for this product in the general settings for the product, you will not see the eBay Settings tab.
If you wish to enable eBay Settings, go back to General in the product settings and select eBay as a channel.
Google Product Search
You can optionally enter properties for your Google Merchant Center feed so your products are indexed into Google's Search
Product Type - The type of product you're selling
Taxonomy - Select from Google categories one that matches closest to the product that you're selling
Attributes - Enter information about condition, brand, size, etc
If you did not intially select Google as a channel for this product in the general settings for the product, you will not see the Google Product Search tab. If you wish to enable Google Product Search, go back to General in the product settings and select Google as a channel.
Click the Save Product button